TRIPAWDS: Home to 13735 Members and 1214 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

For the Love of Daisy

From adoption to amputation – Daisy's story

News That Tugs at My Heartstrings

Filed under: Uncategorized — Daisy at 10:57 pm on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

I could tell that my sweet girl wasn’t feeling well starting last Thursday, July 8. She had no energy, so I suspected parasites, as she’s had them before with similar symptoms. Dr. Pomeroy (whom I’ve mentioned in a previous post) diagnosed her as having 3 parasites, and he prescribed the necessary supplements. She did some vomiting over the weekend and had little appetite. Even pre-amp, when she had the most pain, she still enjoyed eating! Since she wasn’t better today (Tuesday), I took her in for an x-ray. As I suspected, her lungs are filled with cancer (which is probably why she’s not responding to the parasite treatment). It’s a matter of time now–could be a few days or a few weeks. I’ll keep giving her lots of love and treats and trust that she’ll let me know when it’s time. The suddenness of this really caught me off guard, but I’ll be OK. I am so grateful that I’ve had as much time as I’ve had with my best girl. Below are pictures of Daisy in two of her favorite activities: in the sun getting petted by mom (mid-yawn) and retrieving a ball from the water.

Sunning with mom

Swimming in the river

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

12 Comments »

jerry

July 13, 2010 @ 11:05 pm

Daisy, our hearts ache too hearing this news. We are so, so sorry.

Please keep on smiling and loving life the way you always do. We know you’ve got the spunk to keep on with all the charm and courage you’ve shown so far. Show your Mom the beauty in living this way, and together, everything will be O.K.

We love you!

cometdog

July 13, 2010 @ 11:55 pm

OH! Daisy Do – I’m so sad for your mom and you!

You keep your chin up, girl and keep that happy spirit you have! Your mom is going to fill you up with so much love and special treats. So you take full advantage and make her smile every day!

Tell her you need peanut butter cookies! That’s my favorite! If you were here with me, I’d share my cookie with you!

Remember – chin up! Us older girls don’t want to show our double chin! No matter how rotten we may feel.

I’ll be thinking about you, my friend. I’m gonna send you so many pawsitive thoughts that it won’t matter what happens because it will all be pawsitive.

Your friend and cookie sharer,
Comet

buglady

July 14, 2010 @ 12:00 am

I am new to Tripawds, and this is my first visit to your blog. I read about how you and Daisy first found eachother, and it reminds me how I felt when I met my Boomie for the first time at the shelter. (He’s a yellow lab, too.)

My heart aches for you as Daisy nears the end of her life, and at the same time, I am touched by the sense of how much you love her. You will be in my thoughts…

Mackenzie's Mom

July 14, 2010 @ 1:10 am

Oh when I read your post my heart sunk….so so sorry to hear this news about Daisy. We just found out about 2 weeks ago that Mackenzie has lung mets too. I was completely devastated so I totally understand what you’re going through. I hope that Daisy is doing ok despite her prognosis…we are saying lots of prayers for you and your beautiful Daisy. What beautiful photos of your girl too.
Kami (Mackenzie’s Mom)

majorbubbatank

July 14, 2010 @ 5:15 am

Disy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your pawrents. Mom just found out that my lungs are under seige, too. We try so hard to hide these things from them to protect the delicate balance but sometimes it just gets to be too much. Hang in there and remind your Mom to enjoy each day without worrying about tomorrow.

Major

etgayle

July 14, 2010 @ 6:37 am

daisy, you’re in our thoughts – you are a true ‘enjoyer of moments’!! blessings!

charon & gayle

jakesmom

July 14, 2010 @ 6:59 am

I’m so sorry to hear this latest update on Daisy… 🙁 I know that you are feeling so sad… Enjoy every single minute, day, week you have left with your sweetie…

You are in my thoughts and prayers…

Angel Jake and Wolfie’s Mom

maggie

July 14, 2010 @ 8:15 am

Oh Daisy…I’m so sorry to read this so suddenly. But you look fabulous with your Mom and retrieving the ball! Hugs to you & your Mom…you already KNOW how to enjoy the moments…so no need to say it 🙂

Tracy, Maggie’s Mom

Carmen (Catie's Mom)

July 14, 2010 @ 9:04 am

Oh, Daisy, no! This news makes my heart so heavy. I am so sad and so sorry.

I don’t need to tell you to treasure each moment. You already do.

Sending many hugs to you and your mom.

Carmen

shelbysmom

July 14, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

As mom to a yellow labbie girl also, my heart sunk when I read your blog. Daisy, you are one special girl and a very loved one. May your days be filled with sunshine and love……….

Pam & Shelby

rubydawg

July 15, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Daisy’s bad news. I admire your strength in fully enjoying however much time you have left together. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Kim
Ruby & Daisy’s mom

Ginger

July 31, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

Daisy, it looks like your last days were filled with love and happy times.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI